Tuesday, June 22, 2010

nothing worth having ever comes easy.

Let's start off with the obvious....
PT.
After I am done with recruit school I don't care if I ever have another pt session.... ever.
Now, exercise is fine, I actually have come to enjoy sweating a little, I LOVE swimming, and I can find myself really enjoying sports.
PT is a different animal. PT is.... hell.
PT when you're a chubby white girl in a room full of buff guys who can do push ups in circles around you.... well, it's less than flattering.
So that's what I've been doing, I've gotten better at running, I can go a mile now without dying, and I'm working on more (I need at least three).
The push ups, pull ups, and sit ups are all giving me a hard time.
I know that if I keep at it and keep going to the hour a day pt and just keep doing it, it will get easier... it will.... be worth it.....
ughhhh

That.... and the house....
Living alone is hard enough. Having a yard and house that needs to be taken care of and kept up is quite another thing. It's a lot of work. Don't know how my dad or Amy manage to keep their lawns so nice.
It's a lot of work.

It's kind of tiring listening to people who talk so differently all day. On the way down here, at a gas station just before the Georgia line I thought that the southern accent was sooooo nice.
Now it's like.... if you listen to it for a long time and it's all you hear, you just get a weird kind of headache that makes you really thirsty.
I caught myself listening to music I don't even light today on my lunch to go get my direct deposite figured out just to hear voices without the southern twang (I know I know, this is harsh of me, and it's fun to listen to, but every once in a while you like to know that there are people out there that talk like you talk).
One of the many points that Justin oh so patiently listened to me bawl about on the phone Friday (until he fell asleep that is).

Not much special has happened... just working and trying to stay up with life down here. Keeping my head above water. Thought Justin would be here sooner than he's going to, hopefully around mid July. I'm soooo done with being here alone.

Hoping if I keep trying everything will work out for the best.
I'm hired to do what I love to do, and how many people get to say that?
I've got my favorite person on earth trying to move his way across the country to live with me, and my diploma is in the mail (hopefully!).

I just keep setting short term goals, make it to the weekend, make it until EMT school starts, make it until Justin gets here, and then everything will work itself out.
so.... that's what I'm up to these days.

oh, and on one of my jogs, I seriously considered going to a southern baptists church just for the experience, to say I did. As I think I'm the only ass in this sea of elephants...... it could also be a very, very bad idea.
But it could be interesting huh?

No comments: