So here's what's been going on for all of you who have ever wondered.....
- The initial move went well, nothing was broken, dad and I loaded the truck and then mom, dad and I drove down to West Chester where Saturday we had a family get together, Pj bought a cake that said something to the effect of "congradu-jobificationnewhomegrad".... I really hope someone got a picture of it, it was funny. And very tastey
- the drive down was so beautiful, I loved the storms and rain and on a particular stretch in Tennessee you could see the storm to the left, and Schwartz would have been proud to have gotten in my head when I was wondering what kind of clouds those were....
- When we got here we did a quick once over of the house, and I thought "holy crap... what a lot of work..." but even before we had the truck open, Heather, her husband Charlie, and their two boys Tommy and Mikey showed up and were ready to help! It was so sweet, and with them (I would say "their help" but they were SO much more than help!!! They carried the show!) the unloading went SO fast. Heather vacuumed out everything and then helped me at home depot knowing what I needed for fire ants, snakes, and bugs in general--- all of which have worked fantastically.
- The house was not lived in for some period of time before I moved in, so there were TONS of bugs, and yes my Ohioan friends.... there were scorpions.... quite a few in the master bathroom. Worry not, the vacuum and some ortho home defense took care of them. There were more in the patch of .... not really garden so much as patch of clay which would be a great spot for a garden.... and a mound of fire ants near the garage, fire ant killer works!!! There was a toad in the garage (as anyone on facebook knows) and it met me at the door when I was throwing boxes in the garage. I'm SO glad it wasn't a snake. I ushered him outside with a broom and a box, and all has been good since. (For those who don't know, toads can make dogs very sick if they eat them, and dogs can die if they eat them, this is the only way they scare me, I'm not THAT much of a girl.... although I really didn't want to touch it)
- Becky and Charles came down for the Reds game and took me along :) it was awesome even if we lost by just a little, it was still so much fun.
The weather here is beautiful, the land lord is nice. I'm so glad that Heather is down here. I am going to mow the lawn tomorrow and hope I don't meet any snakes or any more fire ants. Justin should be here in July and I start work in mid June.
I'm really enjoying it here so far, and now that I have the house all clean and there are no more dead bugs (biggest roach I've EVER seen was dead under the stove.... tasty huh?) it's finally starting to feel like I live here.
Anywho, that's what's up here. I'll let everyone know if any other adventures take place, and I'll let you guys know how work goes once I start.
I'll post pictures when my camera feels less lazy....

1 comment:
I so love this idea. To the point I had to create my own blog to leave comments. But that is cool cause now I'll just blog about stuff up North too.
:)
Bo and I miss you tons and you've only been gone like a week? Come up and visit soon. :P
Post a Comment